lanted by the Romans over an ancient volcano, the Mont Brouilly, is a historical land located in a magnificent vineyard countryside that, through the seasons, sees its colour change between copper, white, golden yellow and emerald green.
The summit of the mountain that was part at the time, of the "Domaine du Pavillon de Chavannes", is overlooked by the Notre de Dame de Brouilly Chapel. It was built in memory of the victory of the Beaujolais peasants against the oïdium disease in 1852.
The vineyard is fully exposed south over 5 hectares on a granite blue stone soil also called « green calluses ». The Brouilly Hill's soil and subsoil constitute the unity of the wines’ label.
The vineyard is exposed South West over 5 hectares on a granite blue stone soil also called « green calluses ». The Brouilly Hill's soil and subsoil constitute the unity of the wines’ label.
The Lafont family, Bank of France’s censor and crown of France’s Vassel, sold Chavannes to Pierre Jambon-Chanrion in 1861. The Domain is today managed by its great-grandchildren. This family has distinguished itself many times in its duty, especially by performing the Gamay plant and by adjusting the use of the winch during grape harvest through the high pitch slope vineyard
The Domaine du Pavillon de Chavannes offers under the « Côte de Brouilly » label, a well-known quality wine and many times awarded by the Wine Institutions.
The Domaine du Pavillon de Chavannes ennobles the tables of independent connoisseurs, embassies, political and cultural institutions as well as many restaurants in France and abroad.